Fault Wizard 2 Thumper
Portable, friendly fault location system for primary underground cable. (Electric Industry Only)
QUICK, EASY & PORTABLE
The Fault Wizard is a truly portable, relatively inexpensive, and user-friendly fault location system for primary underground cable. The system is based on the new automated arc-reflection technology (AART) developed by IUP. The display shows the distance in feet or meters to the fault location within seconds and since the system is battery operated, it can be used in remote locations.
The Fault Wizard will shoot through transformers and will locate faults up to 10,000 feet. Therefore, the Fault Wizard is great for faulted-cable section isolation. The impulse voltage is variable, which allows low-voltage pulsing and minimum damage to cables.
3 EASY MODES OF OPERATION
- High Volatage TDR mode - displays distance to the fault
- Cycle Thump Mode - for audio pinpointing
- Hi-Pot Mode (DC output of 0kV to 10kV) - for testing the breakdown voltage
The Fault Wizard's internal system is environmentally shielded and housed in a very durable polyethylene case. Three handles are attached to the case for convenient carrying by one or two people. (ONLY 50 lbs)
- Automatic readout of distance to fault
- Variable charge voltage (0kV to 10kV)
- Capable of storing and viewing waveforms with Fault Wizard Software
- Internal recahrgeable battery lasts over 1 hour and deliver 350 J pulse every 6 seconds or less. An optional external backup battery can be purchased for an additonal 1 hour of use
KIT INCLUDES - Fault Wizard, Instructions, Software, and 1 Year Warranty