This is a self-contained, battery-operated sonde. It can be connected to a Flexrod for locating pipes and ducting using a Spring Carrier. It transmits on 512Hz. It can be normally located to a maximum depth of 23 feet.
The FD-20 is the most popular transmitter in our 512 Hz line for locating in cast iron and nonmetallic lines. And now with its new more durable design the FD-20 is ready to transmit even in the toughest terrain.
- Steel head for durability
- Encased in a strong polycarbonate tube.
- Brass battery cap and 1 AAA alkaline battery included
- Will work with any receiver that uses the 512 Hz frequency. For best results use one of our LineFinders
- Our Spring Carriers are recommended to help protect your transmitter