Loki is loaded with features that support quick and easy detection and the safe uncovering of utility lines. It has a simple design for contractors & utilities to quickly pinpoint lines that may be in their way.
There are 2 basic models available; the 'Contractor' and 'Utility' model.
- Utilities model:Built for the challenge of detecting and tracing buried water/drain pipes and telecom ducts, the low 512 Hz frequency can be used to trace metallic pipes, and harder to locate jointed-pipes with the higher 82 kHz frequency.
- Contractor model: Optimized for excavation and construction contractors, the higher frequency 131 kHz within the Contractor model can be used to find well-insulated, high impedance utilities, such as a twisted pair of telecom cables or insulated pipe joints. A lower frequency of 512Hz can be used to support the long-range locating of lower impedance cables, such as power lines.
Simple mode selection matches Loki to the signal type being located.
- Sonde Mode: Detects the signal radiated by a compatible sonde.
- Transmitter Mode: Detects the transmitter signals imposed on buried utilities.
- Power Mode: Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Dual Mode: Simultaneously searches for and identifies Transmitter and Power signals for quick sweeps.
- ShallowAlert: warns the user to the possible presence of shallow cables and utility lines in all modes.
- When a shallow pipe or cable is detected (in power or dual modes), an asterisk flashes on the receiver screen and sounds a distinctive warbling audio tone.
- NoiseProtect: allows the operator to locate pipes and cables in electrically noisy environments, such as near power substations or near overhead high-voltage cables.
- Automatic Depth Readings: depth readings in transmitter, sonde and power modes are automatically displayed on the receiver.
Receivers are balanced with power sesitivity for detecting pipe's & cables. There are 2 basic models available; the 'Contractor' and 'Utility' model.
- Contractor: 512 Hz, 8 kHz & 131 kHz Directional Compass
- Utilities: 512 Hz, 8 kHz & 82 kHz; capable of detecting multiple sewer sonde frequencies
- Active locate frequencies: 512Hz, 8kHz, 82kHz
- Inductive frequencies: 8kHz, 82kHz
- Sonde frequencies: 512Hz, 8kHz, 33kHz
- Passive locate modes: Power
- Dual Mode: Simultaneously searches for and identifies Transmitter and Power signals
- Gain control: Manual gain
- ShallowAlert: Audio and visual warning when a cable or pipe less than 12” deep is detected. Operates in Active and Passive locating modes.
- NoiseProtect: Automatically manages the system gain to compensate for strong signals, e.g. from mains power or substations, to enable accurate locating.
The Loki transmitter is small and lightweight allwoing up to 1 Watt of power to locate the distance you need to get the job done.
- Frequencies: Match Rx Model
- Audio feedback: Indicate good connection
- Inductive mode: In 8k and 82k
- Direct Connect output power: 2 user options up to 1W
BASIC KIT INCLUDES:
- Receiver w/batteries
- Transmitter w/batteries
- Connection leads
- Ground Stake & Lead
- Quick Start Manual
- Carrying bag