This is a self-contained, battery-operated sonde. It can be connected to a Flexrod for locating pipes and ducting using a Spring Carrier. It transmits on 8kHz. It can be normally located to a maximum depth of 80 feet.
The HD-80 has been designed to be more durable and have a stronger signal. This 8 KHz frequency DuraSonde transmitter is used to transmit in nonmetallic lines only. If you are locating around power lines this powerful highly efficient frequency will greatly reduce interference. However, is will not locate through cast-iron. For use in non-metallic lines only.
- Metal endcap for durability
- Encased in a strong polycarbonate tube
- Non-Metallic locating only
- Best used mounted on a tractor camera
- Water tight
- Brass battery cap and 4 C cell alkaline batteries included