S30 Water Leak Detector
S30 is an easy to use electronic ground microphone for pinpointed water leaks. It is designed to amplify the noise generated by water escaping from buried supply pipes under pressure. This classic model is preferred by many professionals due to its ultra sensitive analog technology
A leaking pipe produces a distinct noise that travels along the pipe, through the water and sometimes to the surface. An operator using the S30 can listen at various contact points (valves, hydrants etc) to determine whether or not the pipe is leaking. To do this, the operator places the AX80 sensor in contact with any access point in the distribution system. When the S30 is turned on, the console amplifies the sound so that the user can hear the noise through the supplied aviator quality headphones. The analog meter gives an indication of the noise intensity in the pipe and, by listening at several points in a given area, an operator can localize the general location of a leak.
- Adjustable Analog Meter - Allows for easy comparisons of noise level at neighboring access points.
- Sensitivity can be adjusted for improved results in areas with high noise levels.
- Manual Volume Control - Provides full control over volume levels to enhance listening.
- Meter back light - Allows for enhanced viewing at night.
- Aviator-Quality Headphones - Provides for optimum sound quality, ensuring that the maximum number of leaks are heard.
- Lightweight Console - Comfortable to use for several hours at a time.
- Push Button On/Off - Allows for easy operation with gloves on.
- Custom Suitcase with Belt - Protects equipment for easy carrying.
- Backed by FCS - Full one year on parts and labor
The S30 can also be used in a similar way to a ground microphone. By attaching the surface sounding plate to the AX80, the user can run the AX80 along the ground above the pipe. By using the S30 to locate the spot where the noise is loudest, the operator can pinpoint the location of the leak